Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Girls

We had a great day with grandma today. We went to the zoo and saw some animals. It was fun but right now they have a ton of the exhibits closed because it was cold, and there is a lot of construction too. It was still fun and as always it was just nice to get out of the house. When we got home it was time for the kids naps and Grandma and I talked for a while but we were both exhausted so we took a short nap too. When my husband came home we went to Costco to pick up a few things and then went out to dinner. Came home again and played with the girls and then watched a bunch of videos of the girls from when they were little babies. The videos are so cute. I don't see the girls growing as fast as other people do because I see them everyday. Yet when I see the videos and pictures from when they were tiny it blows me away at how big they really are.


Coming up in a few months they will be three years old. That sounds so big! I know it's cliche but it really seems like they were born just yesterday. They can make me so mad and so happy at the same time. I try to be positive even when they do things that make me super upset. When I was pregnant my sisters gave me some advice with part of it being to take pictures when they do something awful because later it will be funny. It is so true- and now they are some of my favorite pictures. They still are doing very naughty things (they are two after all) and I continue to take pictures.



When I found out that I was having twins there of course was a little panic that I wouldn't know how to take care of two babies. When they came it really just felt natural to have two. I always say that being a first time mom is hard no matter if you have one baby or two. I do think there are benefits and negatives to both sides. With twins they can play together and entertain each other for a while so I can get things done, but they don't get the one on one time that they would get if there were only one of them.




I love my girls and I can't imagine not having both of them right now. They balance each other out so well.Sure, they can be very naughty and some times it seems like they plot against me, but they also can be so sweet and make me laugh all the time. I do miss them being little tiny babies but each stage in their lives is exciting and I'm so happy to have them in my life.


...now if I could convince my husband to have more...

No comments:

Post a Comment