Sunday, April 17, 2011

Be Still My Soul

For today's post I thought I would just share one of my favorite church hymn.


Be Still My Soul


Be still, my soul: The Lord is on thy side;

With patience bear thy cross of grief or pain.

Leave to thy God to order and provide;

In ev'ry change he faithful will remain.

Be still, my soul: Thy best, thy heav'nly Friend

Thru thorny ways leads to a joyful end.

Be still, my soul: Thy God doth undertake

To guide the future as he has the past.

Thy hope, thy confidence let nothing shake;

All now mysterious shall be bright at last.

Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know

His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below.

Be still, my soul: The hour is hast'ning on

When we shall be forever with the Lord,

When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,

Sorrow forgot, love's purest joys restored.

Be still, my soul: When change and tears are past,

All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.


This is one hymn that really just speaks to my soul. It seems to comfort me whenever I'm going through a rough patch in my life. I'm not sure why but my favorite line is from the second verse- Be still, my soul: The waves and winds still know. His voice who ruled them while he dwelt below. I love the way it sounds when it's sung. If it were up to me I would sing this song in church every Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment