Saturday, April 23, 2011

Accio Harry Potter

One of my favorite things in the world is Harry Potter. I could go on and on about this topic but i thought i would just write a little. Right now I am watching Deathly Hallows for the first time since the theater. Man it's good. Every time I watch any of these movies I want to reread the books again. I've read them about eight times each...but that's just an estimate because I've lost count. Like most people who are fans I enjoy the books much more then the movies but it is still fun to see them in film form.





My husband thinks I'm crazy for liking them so much but I can't help it. I even consider myself obsessed. There is just something about the story that I love. One of the many reasons that I feel so connected to it might have to do with my life a few years ago. I wasn't in a very good place. I was very depressed and needed to find away to escape my life even if it was for short periods of time. I found that escape in reading Harry Potter. It allowed me time to focus on something other then myself and what was going on in my life.





I'm not saying that it pulled me out of depression but that it just helped me through some of the hard parts. Now if I ever need a little distraction I know exactly what to do. It also is just a fun story- with a entire world created around it. It might sound funny but I don't even know how to put into words why I love it so much.





I get really excited when I find out that other people are Harry Potter fans. Talking about the characters and small details of the story is so much fun for me. The world that Jo Rowling made is amazing. There are themes through out the books hat aren't always obvious at first such as peoples names being connected with stars, constellations, and flowers.





Like I said I love Harry Potter so much and could talk about it forever- maybe I'll do another post about it again sometime but for now the movie is about to get to a really good part so I'll say goodbye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment