Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

Today is Easter and we had such a great time. So much food and so much fun! Most of our visitors left a few hours ago but we still have Grandma here for another day. I'll write more about all the crazy things that happened today in another post- but today I wanted to write a little about family.


Right now we live in Iowa. It is a nice place and has everything that we need- except our family. Most of my family lives in Washington State and my husbands family lives in Pennsylvania. I have a hard time being so far away from them. When we were in school in Idaho we had family living in the same small town as us and most of our extended family living only a few hours away. We would watch movies, have dinners together, see each other around town, and even just sit and talk. I really miss it. Yes, there is the Internet where we can chat or skype but it's just not the same as being in the same place.


We have a little longer to live here in Iowa, maybe another year or so. There are beautiful things here and great people but I'm excited to move on. I hope we are able to live closer to family the next time we move.


It has been so nice to have family come visit and I'm so happy that my parents are coming to visit next month. I love all of my family and I am so lucky to have them in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment