Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Smile

I know it's awful but I haven't been to the dentist in over two years. The last time I went was when I got my wisdom teeth out. Of course they did a cleaning and all that jazz after they took them out but I need to go really bad. This might be too much information but I have a hard time reaching the back of my top teeth when I brush. My tooth brush just doesn't get back there well so it gets skipped sometimes. When I try to brush back there it rubs on my gums/bones and makes them hurt and get irritated. I'm pretty sure I have a huge cavity- I just hope I won't have to get a root canal.



When I was little I sucked my thumb. It really messed up my front teeth. I rode the bus to school in the morning with my sisters and had a few problems. There was a boy who was a few years older then I was and he teased me all the time. His most common taunt was calling me " buck tooth beaver" because i not only did my teeth stick out but my teeth a pretty big. I remember thinking he was so mean. I do however remember my sisters sticking up for me, for which I am very grateful. My third grade picture is just awful. My eyes were watering because of the flash from the cameras while waiting for my turn. That mixed with my huge buck teeth- it truly was awful. I got braces later that year. I had headgear that I wore at night, had the multi-colored rubber bands, and all that comes with braces. I has them for three years and then had a retainer for another three. By the time I was in high school my teeth were just right. One bottom tooth was turned a little but not enough to bother me.



Starting in high school I came to love my big teeth. They are just a part of who I am. I have a big smile and have big teeth to fill it. I really like seeing actors and actresses that have big teeth too. Makes me feel even more confident with them. One of my new favorite person with larger teeth is Rapunzel from Tangled. They aren't quite as large as mine but still large.



When my wisdom teeth started to come in they moved my bottom teeth a lot. Now they are pretty crooked and I'll have to think about fixing them someday. For now I'll just have to make an appointment with a dentist and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment