Friday, June 3, 2011

Day Two

Day Two: A picture of you and a friend you have been close with for a while.



This is my friend Brooke. She was my best friend when we lived in Idaho. I really miss her so much. We could just be ourselves together and never had to worry if we were being judged by the other. She is super creative, caring and a great mother. About a year or so after I got married, I was working fulltime while my husband was in school. I didn't have any friends and it was making me really sad. My husband was in a chemistry class with Brooke and her husband and told her that I needed friends and that she should be my friend. We had them over for dinner and we hit it off. Turns out that we lived in the same apartment and had roommates in common (she moved in after I got married). Soon they moved into the same apartment complex that we did and we hung out all the time. If I ever needed anything I knew I could ask her. Even after they moved to a new place we still got together whenever we could; and now that I live in Iowa when we go to Idaho they are on top of our list of people to see. If I'm having a bad day I can always call her and she makes me feel better. I haven't had a friend like her since. I really hope that sometime I get to live near her again. She is an amazing person who I am lucky to call my friend.

1 comment:

  1. Amy, thanks a lot you made me CRY! You're such a pill. I love you so much, and I can't express to you how much I miss you!! I'm still a little mad at you for moving, but I know we'll be friends forever, there is no doubt in my mind about that. You made my day with your sweet words, and I needed some cheering up this morning. Love you!

    ReplyDelete